- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| June 1, 2012
Advantech Corporation: Automation Control Panels with Communication and Field-bus Capabilities
These panels offer greater expansion capabilities as well as expanded DI/DO and field-bus control support.
The 6.5-in. TPC-671H, 10.4-in. TPC-1071H, 12.1-in. TPC-1271H and 15-in. TPC-1571H Touch Automation Control Panels use a fanless low power consuming Intel Atom 1.8 GHz processor with 4 GB RAM, making them suitable for a range of machine and factory automation applications. The panels feature a PCI-e and Mini PCIe expansion slot that supports four control protocols (Profibus, PROFINET, EtherCAT, and Powerlink). This enables users to connect with PLCs for further control and monitoring ease as well as supporting the WSN (Wireless Sensing Network). In addition, all the panels except the 6-in. version are integrated with eight isolated DI/DO ports which help to connect with sensor devices for alarm function/event trigger at industrial environments. The units also feature RTC battery backup for real-time data management in case of accidental power failure. Combining an external antenna and communication modules, such as Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth improves their wireless performance. Each supports Microsoft Windows 7/XP/WES and WEC.
>> For more information on this product click here.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.