- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
Video | September 3, 2013
Beyond Manufacturing: Industrial Automation Drives an Array of Advances
A look at how industrial automation technologies are helping to advance industries outside of the manufacturing and processing industries in which they are typically used.
During my visit to National Instruments’ NIWeek 2013, I had the opportunity to see several new technologies for improving operations in the manufacturing industry. I also saw numerous applications of industrial automation being applied to advances outside of manufacturing. In this video, I highlight three of those advances, including a robot that helps diagnose and treat autistic children, the world’s largest fusion reactor where researchers are seeking to prove that fusion energy is a viable energy source, and the simulation and measurement of musculoskeletal movement.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.