- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| March 19, 2012
Cognex Corp: Smaller Machine Vision System
The In-Sight 7000 camera is small, tough and very smart.
This camera puts the company's vision technology in a smaller and less expensive package than previous models, making vision useful in places where it previously could not be justified. It features the In-Sight measurement, location and inspection vision tools and the flexible EasyBuilder environment to make inspection, defect detection, guidance, alignment and measurement applications easy to set up and deploy. Features include a capture rate of more than 100 images per second; the ability to power and control specialized lighting directly; three input and three output connections powered by the system; and built-in Ethernet, RS-232 serial and multiple discrete I/Os. The system can communicate directly to virtually any PLC or robot controller, or manage multiple smart cameras remotely from a networked PC or HMI, simplifying implementation and reducing costs.
For more information, click here.
E-Book Special Report
IT Delivers on Automation’s Promise
Sign up to receive timely updates from the editors at Automation World and download this FREE Special Report on the transformative power of data in manufacturing. By integrating information and automation technologies, manufacturers are finally achieving major gains in productivity from their automated systems.