- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| April 17, 2012
OPC Server for Modbus
The latest release of the Modbus OPC Server provides secure and reliable real-time data access between all Modbus devices and any OPC-enabled applications such as Historians, HMIs, and SCADA, etc.
The software provides users with an optimized workflow making configuration and maintenance faster and more intuitive. It features built-in role-based security down to the per- tag-level to actively protect the integrity of automation system data. Based on each user's login, it selectively grants or denies access to specific tags, providing only the right users with secure access to the right process data. Granular control over data access helps prevent accidental or intentional unauthorized OPC data access. As a part of the overall infrastructure, it adds another layer to a system's overall defense-in-depth strategy. Key features include redundant device communications, precise control over who can access what data via role-based security and support for OPC Alarms and Events. Other features include an updated graphical user interface, support for the company's HC 900 line of hybrid controllers, channel level redundancy, an advanced calculation engine, device exploration: automatic OPC tag generation and support for the OPC Security 1.0 specification.
For more information visit www.matrikonopc.com/opc-drivers/opc-modbus/base-driver-details.aspx
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.