- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| January 7, 2013
Change Management Software Adds Support for PC Backup
The AutoSave PC backup & recovery module allows plant floor employees to manage their PC backups through the same application that manages device changes.
The module is designed to manage the creation of disk images and incremental revisions and store these in the AutoSave system. It provides IT people with oversight of backups of PC systems used in plant operation, while enabling operational personnel to control the backup schedule. The first implementation of this module interacts with the Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Workstation to provide users with the ability to create, schedule and manage multiple revisions of PC images for rapid recovery. The Acronis application takes a 'snapshot' of the disk using Acronis' disk imaging technologies and then AutoSave stores each data set as a unique revision while maintaining prior revisions. Users can define how many revisions are stored in the AutoSave system. In providing this common central repository of disk images, plant personnel are empowered to manage their own PC data using the same application they use to manage changes in their automation device programs.
>>For more information on this product, click here
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.