- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- The power of PackML
Video | November 2, 2010
Video: Pack Expo 2010 - Eaton Corp.
Wes Iversen, Managing Editor, interviews Richard Chung, SmartWire-DT program manager, Eaton Corp, and he demonstrates a system developed by Eaton to save time and money in building control panels. The SmartWire-DT approach includes “smart chips” and ribbon cables to simplify connection and eliminate point-to-point wiring. Control panel assembly times are typically improved by up to 40 percent, while engineering design time and commissioning times are also reduced, Chung says.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.