- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| May 11, 2012
Advantech Co., Ltd.: Upgraded Processing Power for Industrial Panel PCs
The Industrial Automation Group of Advantech has upgraded the processing power of its IPPC-9151G and IPPC-9171G to Intel Core i7 processors from an Intel P-4 processor.
Thereby, having the advantage of not only making it faster than before but, also makes it more cost effective.
To support the management of these devices, each includes iManager and SusiAccess system management applications. iManager is a hardware level application written on to its own chip, thereby enabling the system management, debugging, and fixing of the system in real-time if the operating system crashes. SusiAccess provides many of the same features as iManager but runs on the operating system and has an easy to use graphical user interface which enables system integrators to centrally manage a wide range of embedded devices from a single location.
For added flexibility, the IPPC-9000 series supports Windows Embedded Standard 2009 and QNX operating systems thereby, allowing seamless integration with existing systems.
Designed for the rigors of harsh industrial environments, the IPPC-9000 series with its toughened glass and aluminum bezel is NEMA4/IP65 certified so, it can be cleaned without fear of damage from chemical cleaners, oil, and water. For further durability, the IPPC-9000 series includes a stainless steel back cover. All of these features amount to one of Advantech’s most robust and feature-rich products.
E-Book Special Report
IT Delivers on Automation’s Promise
Sign up to receive timely updates from the editors at Automation World and download this FREE Special Report on the transformative power of data in manufacturing. By integrating information and automation technologies, manufacturers are finally achieving major gains in productivity from their automated systems.