- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- The power of PackML
| March 29, 2012
Advantech Corporation: Palm-size Fanless Embedded Box PC
The unit's compact size, affordable price, robust performance and support for HDD and CompactFlash memory make it suitable for a range of embedded uses.
The ARK-1120 is aimed at applications that need a simple but dependable controller, such as thin client and factory automation applications with space limited or low-power-consumption designs. Features include a 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N455, processor, capacity of to 2 GB of RAM, expansion via a half-size Mini PCIe, a 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet port, two RS-232 ports and four USB 2.0 ports. Maximum power consumption is 10.8 W and operating temperature range is 0 to 40ºC with 0.7 m/s air flow and extend temperature HDD. Software support is available for Windows 7, XP Professional, XP Embedded, WinCE 6.0 and Linux.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.