- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| February 22, 2013
Industrial Mobile Handheld Computer Uses the Android 2.3 Operating System
With a 3.5-inch resistor-type touch panel, the IMX-2000 is readable in sunlight for outdoor purposes.
The computer uses the Android 2.3 operating system to offer a qualified and user-friendly interface. In addition, all the data can be conveniently input directly by numeric keys into the Android system. An application programming interface (API) is provided for secondary development based on specific requirements. Designed with high-efficiency barcode scan processing capacity bundled with reader utility software, data saved under 1D or 2D barcode can be accessed easily. Integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GSM, GPS and AGPS enhance the reliability of wireless communication. Along with the robust design, the unit passes IP65 and 1.5 m drop tests to ensure continuous operation after being inadvertently dropped, and provides highly-efficient operation even in extreme environments. The device features a 5M pixel back camera and supports wireless broadband for real-time video communication and surveillance. In addition, the memory is expandable via microSD supporting SDHC up to 32 GB. The computer’s 3900 mAh rechargeable lithium battery provides long-term operation. A charging cradle is also provided for added convenience. Applications include fully supported logistics management, transportation and factory automation.
>>For more information on this product, click here
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.