- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| April 4, 2012
Bachmann Acquires HMI SCADA Maker Certec
Austrian automation company focused on renewable energies gains maker of Web-based HMI and SCADA systems.
As of January 2012, Bachmann Electronic GmbH (www.bachmann.info), with headquarters in Feldkirch, Austria, has acquired Certec EDV GmbH in Eisenstadt (Austria) and made it part of the Bachmann Group. "With this step we are taking the requirements of our customers into account," said Bernhard Zangerl, CEO of Bachmann electronic, "and we are further pursuing our corporate strategy of supplying complete solutions."
Bachmann is an internationally active hi-tech company with more than 480 employees focusing on automation in the fields of renewable energies, including wind power, for which it has more than 60,000 installed systems. It also has a strong presence in the marine and offshore sectors, as well as in industry and machine building.
Since its founding in 2005, Certec has specialized in the development of Web based HMI and SCADA systems with its atvise product line. The company management of Certec remains unchanged, and the headquarters will remain in Eisenstadt, as will the distribution network and the broad availability of the product line.
Michael Haas, CEO of Certec, said: “The long-term and worldwide development of new technologies can only be achieved with a close partnership with manufacturers like Bachmann. The participation will also ensure the long-term availability of our products."
E-Book Special Report
IT Delivers on Automation’s Promise
Sign up to receive timely updates from the editors at Automation World and download this FREE Special Report on the transformative power of data in manufacturing. By integrating information and automation technologies, manufacturers are finally achieving major gains in productivity from their automated systems.