- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| April 4, 2012
IHS Acquires IMS Research
IMS Research (www.imsresearch.com) has been acquired by IHS Inc. (www.ihs.com), another provider of business information, insight and analytics.
IMS Research (www.imsresearch.com), a global business consultancy and market research firm focused on industry and technology, has been acquired by IHS Inc. (www.ihs.com), an Englewood, Colo. provider of business information, insight and analytics. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
IMS Research has headquarters in Wellingborough, United Kingdom and more than 125 analysts spread across offices in Europe, North America and Asia. According to an IMS notice to clients, "with the expanded range of IHS resources – including market, technology, and supply chain expert insights, raw material forecasts, supplier and component databases, and decision support tools - it is our desire to deliver to you even greater value through expanded coverage and deeper analysis in the future. IHS is the only company uniquely positioned to offer you an enhanced view of the end-to-end technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) value chain. We are committed to combining our collective strengths to deliver:
- Integrated expertise in automotive electronics and infotainment, consumer electronics, medical electronics, mobile and wireless electronics, industrial automation, photovoltaics, and security electronics
- Enhanced and market-leading teardown analysis coupled with deep comprehension of value chain risk, cost, and complexity
- Unparalleled insights into equipment and component markets, evolving business models, and digital content consumption and distribution."
This acquisition allows IHS to combine the analyst teams from IMS Research and the recent Displaybank acquisition with the already-integrated IHS iSuppli and IHS Screen Digest products and services capabilities.
Separately, IHS Inc. also announced that it had acquired BDW Automotive GmbH, a developer of information and planning systems and intelligent processing of vehicle databases for the automotive industry, for approximately $8 million. BDW Automotive is headquartered in Leverkusen, Germany and employs 24 people. “This acquisition significantly expands our capabilities in the automotive dealer and aftermarket data and systems market,” said IHS Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jerre Stead. “The company’s historical market and pricing data, forecasting software and detailed regional registration data is an excellent complement to our IHS Automotive products and services.”
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.