- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| May 1, 2012
Opto22: Industrial Automation Software Suite Upgrade
PAC Project 9.2 is an upgrade to the PAC Project suite of software applications and utilities that provide control programming, HMI development, OPC connectivity, and database integration.
PAC Project is part of the company's SNAP PAC System, an integrated system of hardware and software for industrial control, energy management, remote monitoring, and data acquisition. A key addition in this upgrade is support for several recently released SNAP I/O modules, including the SNAP-SCM-CAN2B high-speed serial communications module, the SNAP-IDC-32D high-density digital input module and the SNAP-OMR6-A and SNAP-OMR6-C mechanical relay output modules. PAC Control, the flowchart-based programming application, can now send email directly from a PAC controller, with or without attachments. Other additions include new commands for using the HTTP protocol to exchange data with web servers, synchronizing the controller's clock with an external Network Time Protocol (NTP) server, as well as commands to manipulate floating-point values, parse or create binary data when communicating with other devices, and atomically copy a bit from one variable or table element to another. The HMI development and runtime application adds enhancements for displaying custom dynamic attributes on Windows-style buttons and working with grouped graphics when using the AutoCorrect Tags function. Also new is the ability to select a single PC to use as a time source, which is useful when several PCs are running the same project.
>> For more information on this product, click here.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.