- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| April 18, 2012
Siemens Industry: Scalable Distributed I/O Supports ProfiNet
Simatic ET 200SP distributed I/O provides an IP20 degree of protection and supports the Profinet network.
It delivers fast cycle times, provides high system performance and easily integrates into an automation system via the company's TIA Portal or Simatic Step 7 engineering tools.The compact design of Simatic ET200SP ensures maximum economy in the switching cabinet: up to 64 modules with 64 x 16 signals can be accommodated on one meter of space. The I/O is suitable for standard control boxes with a depth of just 80 mm. High system performance is ensured with two Profinet interfaces and an internal data rate of 100 Mbit/s. An isochronous backplane bus provides high-precision, jitter-free data transmission. A bus adapter allows the user to freely select either RJ45 or FastConnect Profinet technologies. Integrated shielding on cables, shield connection elements for the terminal box, backplane bus and Profinet cable provides the system with a high degree of electromagnetic compatibility. Additionally, the ET 200SP I/O is equipped with an internal Profienergy power module that facilitates coordinated deactivation of individual loads or entire production units during unproductive periods.
For more information, click here
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.