- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| February 21, 2013
Compact Dual/Quad Axis Universal Drive Module for Cost Sensitive Applications
The SPiiPlusUDMlc, or UDMlc, is a compact EtherCAT dual/quad axis drive, designed to meet the needs of OEMs designing control systems for motion demanding equipment that uses small motors, such as pick/place machines, tabletop motion platforms, and wide format inspection/assembly equipment.
The unit’s dual/quad-axis universal drives can run servo, stepper, and voice coil motors with a power range of 10 W to 200 W. The type of motor is selected by the user and can be set differently for each drive axis. The miniature size, low weight, and minimal cable interface makes the unit suitable for mounting remotely on moving axes. It is available in three current levels (cont./peak per axis): 1.25/2.5A, 2.5/5A or 5/10A (dual axis version only), supports motor bus voltages from 15-48Vdc, and has inputs for four digital incremental and up to two absolute encoders. A high linearity power stage, full sinusoidal commutation with field oriented control, and advanced position, velocity, and current loop servo algorithms running at an uncompromised 20 kHz sampling and update rate enables nanometer level positioning and ultra-smooth constant velocity control.
>>For more information on this product, click here
ACS Motion Control
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.