- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| November 16, 2012
Drive Solution for Dry, Wet and Aseptic Process Areas
The VLT FlexConcept is a complete, highly energy efficient drive solution optimized for use in dry, wet and aseptic process areas.
The VLT FlexConcept is a unified and optimized drive solution specifically engineered to satisfy the efficiency, flexibility and reliability demands of the food and beverage, and packaging industries. The system consists of a highly efficient helical bevel gear driven by a compact permanent magnet motor, and combined with the most efficient inverter drives available today, according to the company.
The VLT FlexConcept consists of the VLT OneGearDrive, the VLT Decentral Drive FCD 302 and/or the VLT AutomationDrive FC 302. The OneGearDrive features a smooth, crevice-free design with no place for food contamination to hide. Additionally, each component features a durable coating that withstands even the harshest cleaning chemicals and washdown processes. All enclosures are designed to IP66/67 and IP69K, and satisfy DIN 1672-2 Hygienic Design standards.
The VLT FlexConcept supports AC or PM motors for simple or dynamic applications, and can operate open- or closed loop. The system’s consistent parameter structure and operation reduces training needs and simplifies set-up and operation across applications, the company says. The system provides up to 90 percent energy efficient operation, reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by up to 25 percent when compared with conventional systems.
For more information, visit Danfoss.
E-Book Special Report
IT Delivers on Automation’s Promise
Sign up to receive timely updates from the editors at Automation World and download this FREE Special Report on the transformative power of data in manufacturing. By integrating information and automation technologies, manufacturers are finally achieving major gains in productivity from their automated systems.