- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| March 5, 2011
Option Doubles Thrust Capacity
Uhing RG3 linear drives are now available with an extra bearing option that doubles the axial thrust capacity of the drive unit without significantly increasing the length of the drive box.
Increasing thrust with the RG4 drives equipped with the 4-ring option is less expensive than scaling up to a larger size RG3 drive. Nine Uhing RG3 sizes are each available with the 4-ring option. For Uhing models RG315, -20, -22, -30 and -40, there is a slight difference in the length of the drive box when the fourth bearing is added, slightly reducing travel potential if the RG4 drive is selected. For sizes RG350, -60 and -80, the drive boxes for the RG3 and RG4 models have identical dimensions and travel capacities. The extra bearing doubles the thrust by increasing the number of bearing-to-shaft contact points.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.