- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
February 1, 2006
The MV156-PDPMV1 is a Profibus DPV1 Master in-rack module for the Allen-Bradley ControlLogix platform. It is designed to provide a user-friendly method for ControlLogix users to easily connect with up to 125 Profibus DP slave-compatible devices.
The module acts as a Profibus network scanner, providing high-speed transfer of Cyclic Input and Output data between Profibus devices and the ControlLogix memory table, over the backplane. The DPV1 module is well-suited for applications in which Profibus slave communication is required in a ControlLogix system. The DPV1 supports DP Version 1, allowing virtually unlimited acyclic data for online parameterization, alarming and extended diagnostics. Other features include configuration of 1536 bytes of input and 1536 bytes of output Cyclic Data; support for all standardized baud rats up to 12Mbps; and RS-485 optically isolated Profibus interface.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.