- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| November 5, 2010
Software Upgrade Integrates Controllers
With the latest release of EZware software, the vendor expands its PLC support to more fully integrate its HMIs with controllers from Allen-Bradley and Siemens.
Among enhancements of this upgrade is the ability to use tags with Allen-Bradley controllers in such a way that they can be named with descriptive text that the programmer chooses, rather than having tag names based on PLC memory addresses. This enables the vendor’s HMI to be used in an established Allen-Bradley process without disrupting the existing controller program. Also added into the new software are 26 new communication drivers. Included is a protocol for the new Siemens S7-1200 PLC.
Maple Systems Inc.
E-Book Special Report
IT Delivers on Automation’s Promise
Sign up to receive timely updates from the editors at Automation World and download this FREE Special Report on the transformative power of data in manufacturing. By integrating information and automation technologies, manufacturers are finally achieving major gains in productivity from their automated systems.