- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| March 22, 2012
Omron Industrial Automation: Smart Camera for Pick-and-Place Robots
Vision sensors offer built-in motion tracking and EtherCAT/Ethernet.
The FQ-M vision sensor comes with Ethernet and EtherCAT embedded for ease of integration into any environment, and includes an incremental encoder for easy tracking and calibration. It features a processing speed of 5000 pieces per minute even with full 360 degree rotation. The unit is easily configured for guidance of dynamic pick-and-place robots using the company's Sysmac Studio software, and is complemented by the palm-sized TouchFinder console for local monitoring and access to functions and settings. The smart camera meets all the needs of demanding object recognition and tracking applications, combining a camera, image processing functionality and flexible communications options in a single package. The vision sensor ensures stable and robust shape-based detection even under changeable environmental conditions, and has been designed for the inspection of a wide range of objects.
Click here to view a product brochure from Omron, click here.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.