- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| March 9, 2012
Packaging Leaders Are Learners
From the beginning of my career, I have sought information from people who had studied leadership and success. Writers from ancient times to now have written on the subject.
All the wisdom boils down to just a few precepts. One is “you become what you think about,” and the other is “leaders are learners.”
When you combine the two, you find that what you fill your mind with determines what manner of person you’ll become. Regarding your career, you must constantly learn new technologies, new techniques and new business practices in order for you to be successful — and for you to help your company be successful.
Automation World and Packaging World magazines are offering a great opportunity for learning at our new event, The Automation Conference (www.theautomationconference.com), which includes the seventh annual Packaging Automation Forum (PAF). This year’s edition convenes May 22-23 at the Hilton in Rosemont, IL (close to O’Hare airport) and also includes tracks for factory automation and process automation. The speaker line-up is stronger than ever, featuring both Nestle’s Bryan Griffen speaking on OMAC’s PackML and the always popular Dave Chappell workshop on make2pack.
The after-conference chats are something else that should not be missed. I love talking with speakers and attendees afterwards and learning new things. Come and join us.
>> In this conference report on video, Gary Mintchell highlights the automation trends affecting packaging that he discovered at Pack Expo 2011. Visit http://bit.ly/awvids047
E-Book Special Report
IT Delivers on Automation’s Promise
Sign up to receive timely updates from the editors at Automation World and download this FREE Special Report on the transformative power of data in manufacturing. By integrating information and automation technologies, manufacturers are finally achieving major gains in productivity from their automated systems.