- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
August 1, 2005
HART to Modbus Conversion
The HCS HART Concentrator System converts a HART digital signal to a serial (RS-485) Modbus RTU communication protocol. This permits up to 16 smart HART-capable transmitters and valves to interface directly with Modbus-based monitoring and control systems.
The HCS interfaces all HART parameters to Modbus. This includes the ability to monitor primary and non-primary (second, third and fourth) process variables from smart multivariable mass flow, pressure PH and temperature transmitters; Coriolis, magnetic, ultrasonic and vortex flowmeters; radar and hydrostatic level transmitters; and valve positioners and damper operators. The HCS can be programmed in minutes, and comes in an industrial metal and RFI-protected housing that snaps onto standard DIN-style rails.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.