- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
| February 25, 2013
Position Sensor Output with the Programmable Hall Device
The Programmable Hall Device helps customize the output of BEI Hall effect sensors.
The Programmable Hall Device helps customize the output of BEI Hall effect sensors. The programming unit interfaces between a PC and BEI Hall effect sensors and enables field program output functions that meet specific requirements. The PHD can be used for both analog and PWM outputs. Additional features include the ability to set high and low clipping points, program binary/switch output and program multiple points along the assembly movement trajectory for even greater output precision. The included PHD software can create output routines that are stored and recalled for later use. The PHD software offers a real-time graphical representation of the sensor output allowing verification of the sensor’s functionality after programming. The system gives users the ability to lock the sensor to prevent accidental reprogramming. With the PHD, BEI Hall effect position sensors can be programmed directly in place using assembly movement as the sensor input.
Read more about Programmable Hall Device.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.