- Tactical Briefs
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Control Panel Optimization
- Embedded systems & Trends
- Embedded Vision in Manufacturing
- Energy Efficiency
- Ethernet I/O Networking
- Factory Floor Network Deployment
- Factory Floor Network Reliability
- Fieldbus I/O
- Hands-on Guide to OEE
- HMI, From the Web to the Cloud
- Industrial PCs and the IoT
- Internet of Things
- Machine Safety
- Machine Safety Standards & Strategies
- Make a lasting connection
- Mechatronics @ Work: Insight & Technology Solutions
- Opening Up Your Gateway to Asia
- Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
- Robotics in U.S. Manufacturing
- Robots & Machines in Motion
- The Future of Industrial PCs
- The power of PackML
Single-Loop Controller Qualifies for "Seismic" Applications
The company announces the YS1700 single-loop controller, which currently provides control for the petrochemical, water and pulp/paper industries, is now qualified for nuclear safety and seismic applications.
The import of this product announcement rose significantly with recent announcement of two, new nuclear licenses being issued by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) last week. A new nuclear facility has not been built in the United States for more that 30 years and these two new buildouts—one in Georgia and South Carolina—could mark a move forward in the nation's energy policy. At the very least, nuclear is in the energy policy mix.
Based on the EPRI TR-107330 qualitication, this single loop-controller from Yokogawa offers dual central processing units (CPU). The CPU archictecture allows for automatic fail-over and offers manual control cability if an abnormality occurs in one of the CPUs. Other benefits include a hard manual backup, battery-free memory backup and backwards compatibility with all previous YS control products.
Key control capabilities for nuclear facilities are many and the YS1700 meets quite a few, including feed water control, feed water heater, heater drain control, heat exchanger temperature control and other flow, level and pressure applications.
For more information, visit www.YS1700.com.
The best of the essentials!
Secrets to Automation Project Success
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this FREE Automation Project Survival Guide. It’s packed with field-tested best practices from industry experts that can help make your next automation project a success.