At the show, Oriental Motor announced the addition of Ethernet/IP communications protocol to its AZ Series AC input line of stored data network drivers. All of the AZ Series drivers’ features remain intact in this new communications driver model, which is compatible with the entire AZ Series family of products.
As Oriental Motor explained, its AlphaStep AZD (AC input) stepper motor drivers offer high-speed performance, high functionality, and closed loop-control. There are no external sensors to buy, as the motor and driver complete the system. With the Ethernet/IP AZ Series driver, the operating data can be sent from the host system or can be set in the driver and selected and executed from a host system. Host system connection and control are performed with I/O stored data or Ethernet/IP communications.
Oriental Motor says operators can easily control the AZ Series by directly connecting to the Ethernet/IP master device using a single Ethernet/IP communications cable. This allows for quick and simple wiring.
The new features of the latest AZ Series Driver with Ethernet/IP communication includes:
- Single-phase 100-120 VAC or single/three-phase 200-240 VAC
- Control methods: I/O stored data, Ethernet/IP communications or pulse input
- AOI instruction set for easier program configuration
- Support software for parameter setting (free download)
- For use with AC Input AZ Series Motors