Carlo Gavazzi EM530 and EM540 three-phase energy analyzers are the newest additions to the company’s established range of energy meters and power analyzers, which are targeted to assist manufacturers and end users in monitoring and managing escalating energy costs. The EM530 is a Class 0.5S (kWh) analyzer that measures currents up to 10,000A via 5A current transformers, and the EM540 is a Class 1 (kWh) analyzer which measures current up to 65A via direct connection, eliminating the need for current transformers. These compact three-phase power analyzers can be used for two- and three-phase systems, as well as wild-leg systems. They can measure most relevant instantaneous electrical variables, energy consumption, and harmonic distortion.
Both the EM530 and EM540 feature high-speed 100 ms serial data refresh rates, making them ideal for load balancing energy storage or EV charging applications. Fast commissioning is possible thanks to an intuitive wizard setup menu, along with instant notification of wiring errors and suggestions for correcting them.
The EM530 and EM540 are ideal for many building and industrial automation applications, including cost sharing, energy analysis for energy efficiency, power metering for PV energy storage, and indoor or temperature-controlled EV charging. Their compact size makes them a perfect fit for any panel.
The features of the EM530 and EM540 include:
- Voltage inputs up to 415 VL-L AC, self-powered
- Current and voltage THD (up to 15th harmonic)
- Energy measurements (imported/exported): total kWh, kvarh, kVAh; partial kWh, kvarh, kVAh; total kWh by phase
- Run hour meters (both imported and exported energy: 8 DGT)
- Free downloadable configuration software
- EM530: Class 0.5S (kWh), class 2 (kvarh). Current inputs via 5A current transformers (max primary current 10,000A)
- EM540: Class 1 (kWh), class 2 (kvarh). Current inputs via direct connection up to 65A
- Programmable display and slide show function
- Digital output or RS485 Modbus
- cULus listed