Bosch Rexroth will showcase a new world of automation with its ctrlX AUTOMATION platform, making automation as easy as using a smartphone. Machine builders and end users can virtually eliminate the boundaries between machine controls, the IT world and the Internet of Things with the flexibility to add new automation functions and updates via apps to create complete Industry 4.0 automation solutions.
The heart of the ctrlX AUTOMATION platform is the ctrlX CORE, the most consistent, open and flexible control platform in the industry. With a Linux real-time operating system, open standards, app programming technology and web-based engineering, ctrlX AUTOMATION reduces components and engineering costs by 30% to 50%. The new platform is ready for standardized and manufacturer-neutral interfaces. In addition to EtherCAT, the system also supports PROFINET and IO-Link.
The ctrlX CORE also supports more than 30 interfaces to IT systems such as OPC UA and MQTT, ensuring seamless communication and connectivity — from field level up to the cloud. With ctrlX WORKS, the Bosch Rexroth software toolbox, users can also easily assign ctrlX AUTOMATION apps or their own apps to the control.The ctrlX AUTOMATION platform also includes ctrlX DRIVE, a new generation of servo drives that utilizes cutting-edge power technology and integrated functionality that previously required extra space, enabling users to achieve space savings of up to 50%. ctrlX DRIVE can support as many as 20 axes per meter width, making it the most compact modular drive system on the market.
In addition to ctrlX AUTOMATION, Bosch Rexroth will showcase products from its linear motion and assembly technology groups, including:
- ActiveCockpit: An interactive communications system that processes and visualizes production data in real time, ActiveCockpit improves collaboration and enables a paperless shop floor.
- APAS: Designed for human-robot collaboration, the Automatic Production Assistant (APAS) lets people and robots work together for flexible manufacturing without the need for safety enclosures.
- IMScompact: This compact, integrated measuring system offers new economical automation options for accurate measurement and a space-saving design in linear motion systems.
Bosch Rexroth experts will also present live product and technology demonstrations during the show, which will include:
- Future-Proof Your Factory – With the most future-proof automation platform, learn how you can automate your Factory of the Future via app. Monday, Nov. 9 – 12:00 PM - 12:15 PM Central
- Rethinking Solutions for Linear Motion Technology – In this demo, you will learn how the Rexroth Smart Function Kit for Handling and Smart Flex Effector can advance your linear axis applications into the future. Monday, Nov. 9 – 12:30 PM - 12:45 PM Central
- Paperless Shop Floor Operation – Bosch Rexroth will share part of their real-world journey and an example of how they have improved plant collaboration and continue to move to a paperless shop floor operation with ActiveCockpit. Monday, Nov. 9 – 2:15 PM - 2:30 PM Central
- Space-Saving Automation With a High Level of Safety – Learn about Bosch Rexroth’s APAS – a new smart system for human-machine collaboration, allowing employees and robots to work together for agile, flexible manufacturing — without safety fences. Tuesday, Nov. 10 – 2:45 PM - 3:00 PM Central
- Create a Scalable Connectivity Platform – Learn how to implement a fully connected shop floor using ctrlX AUTOMATION. Tuesday, Nov. 10 – 2:45 PM - 3:00 PM Central
- Scale Your Factory of the Future With Innovative Automation Solutions for Both Simple to Complex Applications Using ctrlX AUTOMATION. Wednesday, Nov. 11 – 2:15 PM - 2:30 PM Central
- Fewer Components, More Flexibility – Integrated Measuring System IMScompact. Wednesday, Nov. 11 – 2:30 PM - 2:45 PM Central
- Maximize Production Flexibility With Cabinet-Free Technology – Attendees will learn how to save across the entire value chain — from machine design to production.Wednesday, Nov. 11 – 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM Central
In addition to the featured product demos, Dave Cameron, director of sales, Automation & Electrification Solutions, will present on the topic "Automate Your Factory via App With the Most Open Automation Platform." Attendees for this Innovation Stage presentation will learn how to simplify the automation process with ctrlX AUTOMATION’s app-based system architecture while reducing component and engineering costs by up to 50%. The presentation will be held on Tuesday, November 10, 1 PM - 1:30 PM Central Time.
For more information on PACK EXPO Connects 2020, visit pe.show/364.