The Foxboro Automation unit of London-based Invensys has launched a campaign to identify the control room in a North American process plant that is most in need of a complete design and equipment makeover.
The winning company will receive a “TV-reality-show-inspired” makeover. This will include:
• a professional control room design by User Centered Design Services, an Anthem, Ariz.-based consulting company focused on effective control room design and operations
• a conceptual design solution walkthrough video from Smith LaRock, a Denver-based professional services firm that provides planning, architecture and interior design services
• a new operator console from Wright Line, a Worcester, Mass., manufacturer of consoles, enclosures and other furniture for technology intensive environments
• Foxboro workstation and monitor upgrades
• appropriate Invensys engineering, alarm management and training services.
The makeover will be worth a total estimated value of up to $350,000, Invensys said. Foxboro will announced the winner of the control room makeover at the 2005 ISA Show in Chicago, Oct. 25-27. For more information or to submit an entry, visit www.foxboro.com/crm2.