Belden Inc. has added a new industrial security router, the EAGLE One, to its global network security portfolio. Designed with customer feedback in mind, the EAGLE One builds on the industry-leading technology of Belden’s existing EAGLE family and offers a unique combination of features to advance data security in industrial automation. It hardens industrial systems against network incidents and cyberattacks, improving operational security, reliability and performance.
“As we continue to evolve our security platform, we asked our customers about their needs and challenges, and built a device that can be used in nearly all industrial situations, including extremely hazardous industries like oil and gas operations,” said Frank Williams, senior product manager for security at Belden. “We think of the EAGLE One as the Swiss army knife of security routers. Whether you’re looking to upgrade or enhance your existing security features, or even take the first step, this device will help guard networks from accidental network events and unforeseen security threats.”
Unlike other industrial security routers, the EAGLE One combines many key features, including:
- Capacity to withstand the harshest industrial conditions in almost any environment, especially areas dealing with explosive and hazardous materials, such as oil and gas, power transmission and distribution, and transportation companies.
- Use at extreme temperatures, from -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to 158°F).
- Compliance with global standards and certifications, including the United States Occupational Safety & Health Administration’s Class I, Division 2 hazardous location conditions, Europe’s ATEX directives and the Germanischer Lloyd classifications.
- Ease of integration through a unique “firewall learning mode” that reduces traditional installation risks, such as network interruptions or configuration errors.
- Advanced redundancy features for maximum security, including layer 2 and layer 3 functions that ensure switchover to a standby device in the event of a fault or failure.
- Ability to configure settings offline to eliminate contact with a live device.
- Reduction in operating costs due to lower power input.
The EAGLE One benefits from the existing EAGLE20 software – and cyber security insights gathered from its use over the past decade – which has ultimately informed and strengthened the development of Belden’s future security innovations.
“When you look at what EAGLE One is capable of – it can meet the needs of the industrial market for years to come,” said Security Program Manager Oliver Kleineberg. “We also designed it with our existing portfolio in mind; to ensure those who may be looking to upgrade their system would have a seamless transition by being able to simply drop the EAGLE One into place.”
>> For more information on this product, click here
Companies in this article