The Metz Connect Modbus Gateway MR-GW helps integrate Modbus RTU devices into a Modbus TCP network and offers a cost-effective communication option of Modbus TCP clients with one or more Modbus RTU slaves.The MR-Gateway can be connected to Metz Connect Modbus RTU devices via two 4-pole terminals on the front of the device and a jumper plug. An integrated web server is used for parameter settings, management and monitoring of the two interfaces (Ethernet/RS485). The web interface is also used to update the firmware. The MR-Gateway is suitable for decentralized mounting in electrical sub-distribution boards or in control cabinets on TH35 mounting rails in accordance with IEC 60715.
- Simultaneous access from 32 Modbus TCP clients;
- Bidirectional exchange of data between Modbus RTU Slave devices and a Modbus TCP Master (client);
- Protocol: Modbus RTU over TCP (Transparent gateway), Modbus TCP/IP v1.0b, Telnet, HTTP 1.0;
- Integrated web server;
- Intuitive and software-independent TCP configuration via web interface;
- Simple device search of Metz Connect Modbus RTU devices on the RS485 bus;
- Fast connection of Metz Connect Modbus RTU devices via proven jumper plug technology;
- Galvanic 3-way isolation (RS485- Ethernet-power supply); and
- Status monitoring of TCP and RS485 communication.