Flexible and modular recipe management improves the efficiency of batch processing systems.
Best practice tips include:
1. Create a modular and flexible batch process integration physical model.
2. Link very tightly the various components of procedural model of batch process system
software with components in the process control system.
3. Have a flexible route management method for material transfer to avoid equipment down times.
4. Create a material tracking and genealogy system to support recipe management.
5. Follow ISA S88 batch standard physical and procedural models to develop a batch plant model.
6. The recipe model should be designed so that all shared equipment is open and that run time
status information coming from the process controller can be acquired to define the production
7. Ensure that the batch process software selected is also able to access runtime status data from
the process control system and not just at the end of batch.
Liked this article? Download the entire playbook here.