Carlo Gavazzi is excited to introduce its new family of MC88C Sensors to broaden our available housing options for the growing family of MC Safety Magnetic Sensors.
The new MC88C Series of magnetically coded REED safety sensors are the ideal solution to monitor the position of sliding, hinged and removable safety guards. When connected to a safety module, these sensors are suitable for safety gate applications up to PLe/Category 4 according to EN ISO 13849-1. They are designed to stop or disconnect dangerous motions when mobile protections are opened or displaced. These applications are common in the industrial Food & Beverage, Door & Entrance, Plastic & Rubber, and Material Handling market segments.
Features & Benefits of the MC88C Series include:
- High tolerance for misaligned doors / gates due to assured switching distance (Sao) of 5mm, 8mm, or 18mm depending on the selected actuator
- Concealable for tamper protection – magnetic sensors can be hidden behind any non-magnetizable material for seamless design
- Increased uptime due to wide operating temperature range of -25°C to 85°C (-13°F to 176°F)
Ease of Use
- Left or right mounting available for any customer design
- Industry standard housing dimensions of 88 x 25 x 13mm
- LED indicator (optional) for simplified installation and diagnostics
- Ready for standard application with CE and cULus approvals as well as safety applications with SIL3 and Cat. 4 PL e (ISO13849-1)
- Variety of configurations with operating voltage of 12-24 VAC/DC, REED switch with two outputs, and connection options of cable, M8 connector or M12 pigtail
- Non-contact actuation means no wear and tear
- Low maintenance with IP67 protection rating and magnetic technology insensitive to dirt and dust
The MC88C Safety Magnetic Sensors are the optimal choice for monitoring safety gates in harsh industrial environments. They are available from Carlo Gavazzi’s network of sales offices and distributors in the Americas, or at www.GavazziOnline.com.