ACS Motion Control has released its SPiiPlusCMxa, the latest product in its SPiiPlus series of EtherCAT®-based master motion controllers. Suitable for applications with micron to nanometer resolutions and demanding velocity control requirements, this device includes up to three integrated motor drives that leverage powerful servo control algorithms to maximize motion system performance. It is also configurable to control up to 64 axes.
The CMxa integrates universal motor and encoder technology, enabling system designers to control any type of motor or stage. Its fixed servo sampling and update rate provides the tightly synchronized, real-time control required for sophisticated multi-axis machine designs.Designed as a drop-in replacement for SPiiPlusCMba and SPiiPlusCMhp motion controllers, the CMxa is supported by ACS Motion Control’s SPiiPlus ADK Suite, which contains many advanced servo tuning and application development tools. Common applications include metrology, inspection, alignment, laser micromachining and other industrial applications.
Notable product features include:
- Advanced PIV cascaded control loop.
- Cascaded dual loop control.
- Disturbance rejection control.
- STO and SS1 safety functionalities.
- Dimensions: 324 x 249 x 120 millimeters.
- Gantry multi-input multi-output (MIMO) control.
- Fixed servo sampling and update rate: 20 kilohertz.
- EtherCAT maximum configurable cycle rate: 5 kilohertz.
- SinCos and analog input resolution: 12 or 16 bits.
- Configurable drive current output: 5/10, 10/20 or 15/30 amps.
Optional features include ACS Motion Control’s ServoBoost control algorithm for dynamic disturbance compensation, MotionBoost algorithm for minimizing motion induced vibration and LearningBoost algorithm for minimizing cyclic motion error.
ACS Motion Control has released the CMxa in tandem with the UDMxa. The UDMxa is a slave EtherCAT drive and drop-in replacement for existing UDMba and UDMhp product users. It features the same motor drive specifications as the CMxa.
To learn more, visit: www.acsmotioncontrol.com.