MatrikonOPC™ announces the release of their OPC Server for IEC 61400-25. This server provides secure access to wind power plant control data for systems that may not support the IEC 61400-25 but require access to the wind turbine data. This OPC Server expands Green and Renewable Energy initiative systems’ ability to share data between systems that support IEC 61400-25 and those that do not.
The OPC Server supports IEC 61400-25-1 and IEC 61400-25-4 Annex C using Manufacturing Message Specification (MMS) over TCP/IP. IEC 61400-25-1 and IEC 61400-25-4 are the key protocols used in wind power plant systems to allow multi-vendor wind turbines to freely share, control and monitor data via a single consistent protocol.
The Server provides secure and reliable data sharing between all IEC 61400-25 compliant systems such as: RTUs, Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs), PLCs, meters, transducers, relays and other automation components in the enterprise such as HMIs, Historians and ERPs which typically do not support IEC 61400-25.
• Client-Server Architecture using MMS over TCP/IP
• IEC 61400-25-1 communication protocol for wind power plants monitoring and controlling
• IEC 61400-25-4 Annex C: IEC 61400 over MMS according to IEC 61850-8-1
• Interoperable with HMI and Historians systems such as Citect, OSIsoft PI and any OPC client application
• Channel redundancy with multiple devices
To learn more about the OPC Server for IEC 61400-25, please click here: