The R58A features simplified setup via potentiometer adjustment of the switching threshold and switch-selectable light/dark operate. The sensor's short warm-up period, fast 10 kHz switching frequency and 15-microsecond repeatability ensure reliable detection in high-speed printing and web processing applications, where timing is critical.
“The R58A provides high-performance registration mark detection that is low-cost and easy-to-use,” said Dennis Smith, Technical Marketing Engineer at Banner. “Banner's international and domestic customers require reliable mark detection, easy sensor set-up and fast response time—at a competitive price. The R58A delivers on all these requirements." Smith adds, "As the user adjusts the switching threshold using a potentiometer, two green LEDs guide the user to the optimal setting. The output logic is also user-selectable via a light/dark operate switch, enabling rapid product changeover on high mix printing lines.”
The R58A's excellent contrast sensitivity, coupled with its small 1.2 x 3.8 mm sensing image, enables the sensor to detect subtle registration marks on high-gloss and other challenging materials, as well as in low-contrast applications. Additionally, the rugged metal housing and high-quality acrylic lens are designed to handle ambient electrical noise and vibration from presses and die cutting machinery.
A single emitter color—red or green, specified by model number—ensures that the customer's preferred light source is used every time. Banner also offers the more advanced R58E Expert Series Registration Mark Sensors with comprehensive TEACH options and three LED sensing colors—red, green and blue—in one sensor, allowing the user to optimize contrast based on the application.
Applications. The R58A Series Registration Mark Sensor provides reliable registration mark detection in a wide range of applications, including:
- Printing – Labels, packaging, newspaper and wraps
- Filling and bottling machines
- Labeling machines
- Sealing machines for food and candy
- Plastic bagging printing, forming and sealing
- High-speed web processing applications
These features of the R58A Series Registration Mark Sensor make it particularly useful in the above applications:
- Simplified setup with potentiometer adjustment of switching threshold
- Switch-selectable light/dark operate (LO/DO)
- Fast 10 kHZ switching frequency; 15 µs repeatability
- Single emitter color; red or green, depending on model
- Easy-to-see output and setup indicators
- Rugged zinc alloy die-cast housing with high quality acrylic lens suitable for food processing applications; rated IP67
- Models with a 20 ms OFF-delay are available
Learn more about R58A Series Registration Mark Sensors on BannerEngineering.com.