The OPC Foundation invites software developers, manufacturing end-users, system integrators and product developers to attend the OPC Unified Architecture DevCon 2007. The event is scheduled for June 25-28, 2007, at the Scottsdale Marriot in Scottsdale, Ariz.
OPC Unified Architecture DevCon 2007 provides a jumpstart for leading technologists to quickly become proficient with the OPC Unified Architecture. You will have the opportunity to understand the business model (the who, what, when, where and why) of the OPC Unified Architecture. You will also get an overview of all the components, specifications and technology used to deploy OPC UA products and solutions, plus a detailed dive down into the core of the Unified Architecture and all the corresponding technology that is available for vendors to truly build best-of-breed OPC UA products and solutions.
Who should attend?
The OPC UA Developers’ Conference is geared to interoperability and integration technologists, including:
- Software architects and developers responsible for application integration from the factory floor through the enterprise.
- Manufacturing end-user and system integrator visionaries with a long term view of the future that wish to drive the vendor community toward cost-saving interoperable solutions.
- Product developers and development decision makers from all existing OPC vendors.
Highlights of the conference
Attendees will learn the concepts, architecture and implementation necessary to develop and deploy OPC UA-based solutions. Highlights include:
- How UA embraces the latest Internet technologies to provide true platform independence
- How UA seamlessly combines the functionality of all of the existing OPC interfaces
- How UA will provide plug-n-play interoperability at higher levels of the enterprise
- How to use UA in automation systems represented by components using device description technology (EDDL)
- Why UA provides multiple transports and encodings to balance the need for speed and compatibility
- How UA applies the latest state-of-the-art Web Services security standards
- How UA is architected for robustness, reliability and redundancy
- How end-users can “UA-enable” any existing OPC application
- How OPC vendors can migrate existing OPC products to UA
- How to implement UA applications on a Microsoft .NET platform and using the JAVA API
- How the communications stack, programmers API and the reference implementation all fit together and how to choose the right entry point for your UA development
- Why OPC provides portable ‘C’ code for easy UA implementations in embedded devices.
About OPC UA
The OPC Foundation Unified Architecture defines secure, reliable interoperability for exchanging data and information from the factory floor to the enterprise. The open, cross platform, service-oriented architecture builds on and unifies the existing, successfully adopted OPC Foundation interfaces.
UA was developed collaboratively by more than thirty OPC vendors. The collaboration also included many other standards consortia that have contributed to the development and have committed to producing UA companion specifications. These companion specifications will describe the standard way to expose and exchange the data and information models defined by these other organizations, utilizing UA as the interoperable transport mechanism.
The cost for the conference is US $1,195 and includes all conference fees, room, meals and entertainment. Please join your OPC Foundation hosts at this ground-breaking event.
Click here to Register!