Antaira Technologies is a leading developer of Industrial Networking and Device connectivity solutions for harsh environment applications and is proud to be expanding its Serial product family with a new series of Industrial Serial-To-Fiber converters. The STF-500C series is designed to isolate and protect connected equipment from surges, spikes and electrostatic discharges carried on the serial cable to the fiber optic cable.
The STF-500C series is built to withstand industrial networking hazards like shock, drop, vibration, electromagnetic interference (EMI) and temperature extremes. Version options in a standard 0 ~ 60°C model range or an extended -40 ~ 75°C range are available. It secures asynchronous RS-232, RS-485 or RS-422 serial data transmissions over EMI resistant fiber at speeds up to 1024kbps.
This series provides Single (STF-501C series) or Dual (STF-502C series) Fiber Port models with SC or ST type fiber options in Multi-mode 2Km, or Single-mode 30Km solutions. It is designed with Advanced Features to provide High Performance solutions to customers, including:
- Data Protection:
- Built-in RS485 auto detection feature
- 15KV ESD Protection and 2.5KV Isolation protection
- 10 position Rotary Switch for RS422/485 Pull high/low feature.
- Secure Serial Network:
- STF-501C model supports Point-to-Point application, One Way Daisy Chain, and Ring Topology Fiber Network in Half Duplex solutions
- STF-502C model supports Applications such as:
- Point-to-Point solutions with Single Duplex Fiber connection (without Protection), or Dual Duplex Fiber connection (with Fiber Protection)
- Daisy Chain solution with Duplex Fiber connection
- Full Duplex Redundancy Serial Fiber Network with Dual Fiber connections
- Easy Maintenance:
- STF-500C series supports relay output for power or link failure warning
- Front LED indicators will allow user to easily monitor for any Power, TD/RD, or Fiber Link failure.
- Media conversion for Serial RS232, or 422/485 into Fiber
- Extend serial transmission distance up to 2km, 30km
- Supports Point-to-Point, fiber daisy chain or ring topology network design
- Secure Serial Fiber Network with Single or Dual Duplex Fiber connection
- 3 way Optical Isolation up to 2.5KV for serial signal protection
- Dual Fiber Redundant Serial Fiber Ring Network support
- Fan-less and DIN-Rail design for harsh industrial environments
- Adjustable pull high/low resistor and terminator for RS-422/485 transmission
- Dual Redundant Power Input
- High Serial Isolation Protection for Outdoor Equipment data extension in ITS Signaling, or VMS
- Dual Fiber Ring Redundancy Serial Network in Firm Alarm Panel control
- EMI resistant for IEDs data transmission in Substation Automation
- Industrial Control in Process Control Automation, such as WWTP and Oil/Gas/Mining
>>For more information on this product, click here