Reducing energy costs from production processes requires managing the five most important factors that determine both utility charges and total energy consumption:
1. Energy event management. Detection and analysis of process changes that cause consumption to exceed forecast.
2. Peak demand management. Minimizing peak demand, which triggers higher utility rates or penalties.
3. Scheduled demand management. Minimizing costs by shifting demand to lower-cost time periods.
4. Idle state management. Minimizing energy draw during idle process conditions.
5. Demand/response management. Offering energy capacity back to the grid on request in exchange for incentives.
Liked this article? Download the entire playbook here.