Nexen Group’s Eclipse Servo Motor Brakes offer distinct advantages over spring-engaged, electrically-released brakes. With Nexen’s servo motor brake, no energy is consumed when the brake is disengaged. (Electrically-released brakes consume power continuously, even in disengaged mode, creating heat inside the brake, which detracts from its ability to produce full torque.) It is spring-engaged/air-released (no electric coil) to keep the brake cool until it’s needed.
Nexen’s servo motor brakes are designed to mount to the shaft end of servo motors up to 20 horsepower, including NEMA 23, 34 and 42 frame sizes. The brake’s square-shaped housing allows flexibility to custom make the mounting features match the motor dimensions. The brake’s output end duplicates the motor mounting features. The input end bore accepts the motor shaft and is fixed inside the brake with a split-hub/shaft collar arrangement.
Key features and benefits of the Eclipse servo motor brakes:
- Fail-safe, power-off engagement
- High torque – 50% more torque than competitive models (torque range 2 to 125 Nm)
- Zero backlash for accurate holding
- Integral flanges adapt to any servo motor or AC motor brand and mounting style
- High torsional rigidity, no system wind-up
- Models configured to hold the machined end of a ball screw
- Can be used for intermittent dynamic stopping
- Spring engaged for holding and E-stop applications
- High speed capability – engineered and balanced for servo applications
The Servo Motor Brake is a perfect complement to Nexen’s RPS system, holding an accurate position while work is being performed.
>>For more information on this product, click here.