American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) offers a new demonstration video focusing on them modularity of their Premium & Standard Series of Intelligent Industrial Touch Panel PCs. The new video reviews, demonstrates and presents the key modularity advantages, features and benefits of the new Smart series of industrial computers and rugged HMI panels. Both the Premium and Standard series of HMI touch screen interfaces offer the same open platform and rugged industrial design advantages with some slight differences in processor power and available display screen sizes. In this Modularity Demonstration Video from AIS, it is easy to learn, see and grasp the many advantages of the fully modular intelligent series of touch-panel PCs.
The AIS Modularity Demonstration Video Presents the Four Key System Modular Components that make up AIS’s Premium & Standard Smart, Touch Panel PC Series
System modularity is always an extremely desirable feature and advantage for any industrial or commercial application using HMI touch panels for automation, control and monitoring. By definition, modular design, or "modularity in design", is a design approach that subdivides a system into smaller parts called modules that can be independently created and then used in different systems. A modular system can be characterized by functional partitioning into discrete scalable, reusable modules, rigorous use of well-defined modular interfaces, and making use of industry standards for interfaces.
Besides reduction in cost (due to less customization, and shorter learning time), and flexibility in design, modularity offers other benefits such as augmentation (adding new solution by merely plugging in a new module), and exclusion. The AIS Modularity Demo Video reviews in detail and presents each of the 4 main modular system components of the Premium and Standard series: which includes box PC, display, storage system and power supply. This modularity gives end-users and OEMs the flexibility to change, modify or upgrade their system easily should their requirements change in the future. Flexibility is especially critical in Smart industries, M2M and the Industrial IoT, which demands the ultimate modularity from browser-based, open architecture PC- based control and monitoring systems.
No Tools Are Required to Access Key Components, and Easy Assembly and Disassembly is Performed via Thumb Screws Only
Requiring no hand tools for access, removal and replacement; the Modularity Demonstration Video reviews assembly and disassembly procedures of these four key internal components which is all done via thumb screws by the presenter. With great ease, the presenter quickly and easily detaches the industrial computer display from the box PC as well as highlights other components.
Fast and easy access and replacement offers customers several advantages and benefits:
- End users and technicians can easily access, remove and replace the four core modular components with little to no expertise – making it easy for even the novice operator or technician to perform.
- It also allows customers to mix and match different sized touchscreen displays with both Premium and Standard HMI touch panels; as well as upgrade to different systems
- The ability to change modular system components gives users a future migration path for upgrading systems.
- Modular system components allow users to maintain a smaller parts inventory, thereby reducing supply chain requirements and costs
- Easy component replacement means less downtime, less maintenance and service costs, and increases system uptime, which results in higher throughput.
Serviceable Components & Easy Maintenance for AIS’s Highly Reliable Premium & Standard Series of Intelligent HMIs
Easy service and lower maintenance costs for HMI touch panel devices are critical requirements. In plants and facilities with remote and difficult to get to locations, the need for simple serviceable control and monitoring solutions are even more important. This video reviews the serviceable internal components of AIS’s Premium & Standard Series of Smart HMIs. It shows the easy access beneath the HMI, which only requires for four simple screws to remove. Once removed, key features of the units include expandable RAM, a dedicated disaster recovery drive and a PCX Express slot for the Premium HMI interface. With fan-less construction and no moving parts, the AIS Premium & Standard are highly reliable and offer the highest levels of reliability and uptime.
Key System Features Include:
- Extremely Fast System Response: High performance computing with Intel® Core™ i7-4650U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz)
- High System Availability & Data Security: RAID 1 system support with onboard RAID controller & two externally accessible SSD removable enclosures, and an internal non-volatile m-SATA SSD.
- Scalable, Modular, & Expandable System: Field-replaceable front displays and box IPCs, an externally accessible PCIe slot & two removable SSD storage enclosures
- Rugged & Zero Maintenance System: Completely flush stainless steel fronts with IP66/NEMA 4/4X ratings, compact and rugged aluminum system enclosures; high temperature, vibration, shock, & EMC resistant
- Comprehensive Operating System Software & Services: Supports embedded x86 platform; Pre-installed Windows Standard 7 Embedded or Ultimate 64-bit, Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry, 8.1 Pro or 8 Standard.
- Single Touch & Multi-Touchscreens, Wide Screen Interface Options: Single and multiple-touch, projected capacitive touch (PCT or PCAT) displays are available in 15.6”, 18.5” and 21.5”.
>> For more information, click here.