Teledyne DALSA, a Teledyne Technologies company and global leader in machine vision, announced today the addition of new multi-line color CMOS TDI cameras to its industry-leading Piranha™ XL family. These new models are optimized to provide high performance and high-speed color imaging.
Piranha XL cameras feature multi-line color CMOS TDI (Time Delay and Integration) technology, and deliver unprecedented speed and responsivity with low noise in a compact design. Employing Teledyne DALSA's most advanced CMOS sensor architecture, the new 8k and 16k models deliver high sensitivity for color imaging using 4 rows per RGB channel for 12 rows in total. Data throughput is beyond 3 Gbytes per second on a single CX4 cable. When combined with Teledyne DALSA’s Xtium™-CLHS frame grabber, system designers can expect reduced inspection and manufacturing costs and the reliable transfer of information at extreme speeds.
· High sensitivity color TDI for high-speed color imaging with 4x the responsivity of a single-line tri-linear camera through TDI summing of 4 rows per color making it ideal for low-light conditions
· True RGB colors – outputs native colors without interpolation
· High speed and high resolution – inspects more in less time with a maximum line rate of 210kHz (70kHz x 3) in full color mode in either 8k or 16k resolution
· Exposure control with a common exposure time for better image quality and minimum impact from encoder jitter
· Parallax and sub-pixel spatial correction for ease of integration in challenging environments
“Piranha XL cameras are field-proven for the most demanding imaging applications, including flat panel display and printed circuit board inspection,” commented Xing-Fei He, Senior Product Manager. “The new color models deliver high-speed, high quality color imaging and a competitive advantage to OEMs whose imperative is 100% print inspection, among other applications.”
The field-proven, industry-standard CLHS interface and built-in Trigger to Image Reliability (T2IR) framework safeguard every bit in the camera’s full throughput. While CLHS inherently provides data packet resend and immunity from single bit errors, Teledyne DALSA’s T2IR provides monitoring, diagnostics, track and trace, and buffers to prevent data loss. Several cable vendors now offer CLHS copper or active optical cables for proven long distance, full bandwidth data transfer for Piranha XL cameras and Xtium frame grabbers.
For more information, click here