Yokogawa Corporation of America and eSimulation, Inc. recently entered into a strategic alliance, which will significantly expand the advanced automation solution portfolios of both companies to bring enhanced value to the North American oil and gas midstream industry.
“We have always been impressed with eSimulation’s technology and their track record of success in generating value,” said Gene Cammack, Director of System Product Marketing for Yokogawa Corporation of America. “Their management’s knowledge of midstream businesses is unparalleled. As a direct result of this relationship, Yokogawa has several major initiatives underway to structure our solutions for midstream applications.”
Mark Roop, President of eSimulation, also said he is pleased with the alliance. “eSimulation has been unlocking hidden value for its midstream clients since early 2000 by optimizing midstream gathering and processing assets. Our ability to drive midstream value has been significantly enhanced through our alliance with Yokogawa Corporation of America, a regional headquarters for a $3.7 billion global automation company. With this development, eSimulation is now able to offer a Comprehensive Midstream Optimization platform to manage gathering, processing, supersystems, and multi-supersystem profitability.”
The key sources of value for midstream operators resulting from this strategic alliance include:
• Capturing profit opportunities by modeling and optimizing both the operational and commercial interactions across connected, multi-gathering and multi-processing assets (supersystems)
• Maximizing gas plant profitability by determining optimal product recovery targets and energy burn rates given current inlet volumes/compositions, processing equipment capability (current fouling/efficiencies), producer contracts and current commodity prices
• Improving and maintaining operator competency using dynamic-model-based operator training simulators
• Monetizing investments in PSM documentation to help new and experienced operators alike to run the plant safely
• Managing oil, gas, and condensate inventories using state-of-the-art, cloud-based, gathering solutions
• Supporting greenhouse gas emissions reporting for the gathering system
• Offering the highest quality SCADA, plant control, analyzer, and field device infrastructure available in the market today. Yokogawa is unique in that it has a SCADA and control platform that is consistent across gathering and processing assets to control interactions from the wellhead to sales points in a safe, seamless fashion.
About eSimulation, Inc.
eSimulation provides advanced software solutions that enable midstream businesses to accurately manage, optimize, and forecast their margin positions on a daily basis. These predictive modeling solutions add value by strengthening gathering, processing, supersystem, and corporate support for midstream assets. For more information, visit www.esimulation.com.
About Yokogawa Corporation of America
Yokogawa Corporation of America (www.yokogawa.com/us) is a leading provider of Industrial Automation and Test & Measurement solutions. Combining superior technology with engineering, system integration, project management, and maintenance services, Yokogawa delivers field-proven operational efficiency, safety, and reliability. Yokogawa Corporation of America is headquartered in Sugar Land, TX, and is the North American Division of Yokogawa Electric Corporation's global network of 25 manufacturing facilities and 4 regional project engineering centers.
For more information, click here