Maximum configuring flexibility, timely availability, lifelong reliability and economic efficiency – the alpha Value Line gearhead series from WITTENSTEIN alpha sets a new benchmark. Five variants are available, with reduction ratios, interfaces to the motor, and application and conditions of use that can be customized according to user specifications. The performance range meets industry averages for precision, dynamics and power density requirements. Several product types – for example HIGH TORQUE, with couplings or as a complete linear system – expand the solution space for these "individual talents".
Completely customized: perfect gearhead solutions modularly configured
The alpha Value Line meets diverse performance requirements to help simultaneously optimize technical and economic aspects. The line consists of five unique variants, all of them motor-mounted versions.
• Reduction ratios from 3 to 10 (single-stage) or 9 to 100 (two-stage)
• Permissible torsional backlash of up to eight arc minutes.
• Output shaft can be smooth, keywayed, involute or flanged.
• Conditions of use are a selection and sizing criterion. (For example the presence of high axial and radial forces or continuous or cyclic operation.)
• Various clamping hubs and adapter plates are possible on the drive side.
• Options include pinions, metal bellows or elastomer couplings and adapter flanges mounted to the output side
• A HIGH TORQUE version with an output flange is also available
• Available for linear motion control, configured with our rack as a complete linear system: the alpha Value Linear System.
All gearhead variants can be put together not only flexibly but also economically thanks to their modular design. They run very smoothly and require zero maintenance – making them even more cost efficient.
Extensive possibilities and design freedom
With more than 95% efficiency at full load, the alpha Value Line delivers extensive design freedom. In addition to a mechanical interface which can be flexibly selected according to requirements, the gearheads allow integration in the machine in any position – vertically, horizontally or with the output facing upwards or downwards. In the system solution with a rack and pinion, the gearhead is optionally equipped with a slotted flange for quick and easy positioning of the pinion to the rack. The gearheads mount to motors in a single step, safely and securing, greatly reducing installation effort.
For more information, click here