Maplesoft™ today announced a major new release of its flagship product, Maple™, the mathematical software that makes it extremely easy to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve math problems. Maple 2019 includes substantial improvements to its mathematical engine, for both core routines and specialized tools. The release also provides advances to the Maple programming language, more education tools, new visualizations, and other improvements for the mathematicians, educators, students, engineers, and scientists who use Maple.
Maple 2019 includes significant enhancements to the core mathematics that customers use every day, either directly or through computational functions that call on fundamental routines. In addition, many specialized tools have been improved or expanded, and support for new advanced areas of computation has been added.Improvements include:
- Hundreds of improvements to core functionality, such as solving equations, integration, factoring, and differential equations
- Increasing the already sizable advantage Maple has in finding symbolic solutions to partial differential equations, including new methods that solve new classes of problems, more flexibility in choosing the methods to try, and improved simplification of the results
- Significant work to further strengthen, consolidate, and polish Maple’s support for tensor computations, making Maple unmatched in the field, with support for classical and quantum mechanics, special and general relativity, and standard tensor notation for input and output
- More group theory tools for constructing, computing with, and visualizing even more groups, along with significant performance improvements
- More signal processing, including new algorithms, manipulation tools, and visualization techniques
- A comprehensive, easy-to-use environment for the parallel computation of the electronic energies and properties of molecules, available in the new add-on product, the Maple Quantum Chemistry Toolbox from RDMChem
Maple 2019 also includes a wide variety of improvements in other areas, such as enhancements to the Maple programming language that help customers write more efficient code, a completely redesigned start page that makes it even easier for new users to become productive quickly, new visualizations for analyzing data, and additional interactive Math Apps that support teaching and learning key concepts of computer science.
“There is no doubt that Maple 2019 is another strong step ahead in increasing the breadth and depth of our mathematical engine,” says Dr. Laurent Bernardin, Chief Executive Officer at Maplesoft. “Maple is the undisputed leader in a wide cross-section of mathematical computing, like symbolic solutions for problems in differential equations, partial differential equations, computational physics and tensor analysis. If you are a mathematician working on a research problem, an engineer performing design calculations, a student looking for insight, or a scientist studying the universe, Maple 2019 will take you further.”
Maple is available in several languages including French, Simplified Chinese, and Brazilian Portuguese. A Japanese version of Maple 2019 will be available in a few weeks.
For more information about new features in Maple 2019, visithttp://www.maplesoft.com/products/maple/new_features