HMS Industrial Networks now announces an initiative to increase focus on tailor-made solutions for industrial communication. Local development centers around the world will help customers to get customized solutions for their specific needs within industrial network connectivity, machine communication, wireless solutions, integrated safety and remote management etc.
HMS has worked with customization projects since the start 25 years ago, and the initiative builds on this experience. Customization projects at HMS range from simple brand labelling to development of completely new products. All developments are based on solid Anybus, IXXAT or Netbiter technology and platforms leveraging on thousands of hours of research and development time already spent by HMS. This minimizes customers’ costs and time to market.
Examples of projects offered by HMS:
- Fully customized solutions
For very specific requirements, HMS tailors unique OEM solutions. Based on proven technologies and platforms, unique solutions are created for the customer in terms of hardware, software, communication interfaces, performance and functionality.
- Hardware and software modifications of HMS standard products
Typical customization requirements are higher IP protection types, special board sizes and form factors, special connectors, special power supplies, housing designs or special protocol implementations.
- Communication solutions for functional safety
HMS expertise in solutions for functional safety in accordance with IEC 61508 helps customers implement safety functionality into their products, which can be challenging and requires a great deal of knowledge. Ready-made stacks and hardware are available to be used and customized to specific needs.
- Brand labelling
This can include customized housing color, specific labelling, logos, manuals, article numbers, packaging and OEM-specific product configuration.
- Complete system solutions
HMS carries out feasibility studies, creates the concept, and develops the required hardware and software as well as final system and verification tests.
- Software and software services
HMS provides portation and implementation services of software and IP core products into customer designs targeting all application areas within industrial communication. Examples include stacks for embedded solutions, IP-Cores (FPGA), PC-based drivers (Linux, Windows), OEM-specific tools and software for web-based remote management.
“Custom projects are in our DNA and have been a major success factor for HMS,” says Jörgen Palmhager, COO, HMS Industrial Networks. “In a custom project, we combine ideas, technology and innovations together with our customers into new “Combinnovations,” in an agile and collaborative way. The result is often new and exciting technology within areas such as Internet of Things, Wireless Communication, Industrial Ethernet, Safety etc. Customers benefit both from HMS development expertise as well as our solid track record of manufacturing and delivery. ”
Development in Europe, North America and Asia
HMS development activities take place in different centers in:
- Halmstad, Sweden: The Development Center at the head office in Sweden works with customized hardware, software, system-on-chip solutions and wireless solutions. The focus is on fieldbus, industrial Ethernet, remote management, including Internet of Things.
- Karlsruhe, Germany: The Solution Center in Karlsruhe is specialized in adapting and formatting standard products into customer-specific solutions.
- Weingarten, Germany: The Development Center in Weingarten is specialized in solutions for machine communication, system-on-chip, industrial Ethernet, functional safety, automotive, as well as fully customized hardware and software.
- Bedford, NH, USA: HMS’ Solution Center in Bedford is specialized in adapting and formatting standard products into customer-specific solutions.
>> For more information, click here