The new SC305 and SL305 series with spring clamp compression mount contacts from METZ CONNECT facilitate a wire-to-board connection without the use of a header. Contact is established directly on the solder pads where a header would traditionally stand, thus allowing designers to use the opposing side of the PCB for components. Lending itself towards product miniaturization, the SC305/SL305 utilizes METZ CONNECT proven Springcon technology for a secure, vibration resistant connection that automatically adjusts to wires ranging in size from 28 to 16 AWG. With a 5mm centerline, solid wires can be directly inserted for a simple, tool-less connection. The SL305 is a direct solder component and the SC305 is a sleek, snap-fit version for traditional wall-plate applications.
- Connection convenience through push-in technology.
- No second component necessary (e.g. pin header or female connector).
- Contact is made directly on a pad, avoiding drilling for through-contacts at the PC board. This offers space for additional component placements on the opposite side of the PC board.
- The small size of the compression contacts allows for a more compact system design size.
- Self-cleaning contacting on the PC board due to the punctual support of the compression-mount contacts.
- Simple assembling through the elimination of plug-in and pull-out forces.
- Spring contact adapts automatically (maintenance-free).
- High retention force of the conductor even under vibrations.
- No solder process is necessary for wire-to-board applications.
>> For more information, click here