Texas Instruments (TI) introduced four new SIMPLE SWITCHER nano power modules that redefine power supply design for space-constrained applications. The 17-V and 5-V modules feature high performance in the industry's smallest packages, and expand TI's SIMPLE SWITCHER module portfolio to address 100-mA to 2-A industrial designs, such as servers, factory automation, test and measurement, and network security cameras.
TI's 17-V, 0.65-A LMZ21700 and 1-A LMZ21701, as well as the 5-V, 1-A LMZ20501 and 2-A LMZ20502 DC/DC power modules achieve an overall solution size of up to 40-percent smaller than a discrete implementation. The modules combine high efficiency with high density and reduce EMI, even while operating at low power. All four modules enable designers to easily add more features and functionality to their systems in a smaller form factor, while speeding time to market.
Building on decades of power management innovation, 2015 also marks the 25th anniversary of the SIMPLE SWITCHER portfolio. TI introduced the wide VIN LM257x and LM258x regulators in 1990. Read the Power House blog, "It all started with floppy disks" for more details.
Key features and benefits:
- Industry's smallest solution sizes (as small as 30 mm2) reduces board space by 40-percent when compared to discrete solutions.
- Low component count simplifies design and increases system reliability.
- Modules provide effective power management over the entire operating range.
- Low output ripple at less than 10 mVpp for noise sensitive rails.
- Low EMI complies with the CISPR 22 (Class B) radiated and conducted electromagnetic interference standard.
- Modules enable easy implementation of multiple power rail sequencing using Power Good pin.
Availability and pricing
The four nano modules are available now in volume production. The LMZ21700 and LMZ21701 are priced atUS$1.55 and US$1.75, and the LMZ20501 and LMZ20502 are priced at US$1.55 and US$1.90, respectively, all in 1,000-unit quantities.
Find out more about TI's power portfolio:
- Watch a video about the SIMPLE SWITCHER portfolio and see how the nano modules simplify the design process.
- Check out a reference design using the SIMPLE SWITCHER LMZ20502 nano module.
- Search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts in the SIMPLE SWITCHER power management forum in the TI E2E Community.
- Download power reference designs from the TI Designs reference design library.
>> For more information, samples, evaluation modules, and to watch a video demonstration, click here