CARLO GAVAZZI is proud to announce the launch of their new 4th Generation TRIPLESHIELD CA18CA Capacitive Proximity Sensors. In addition to greatly improved immunity to dust, humidity, and electromagnetic interference (EMI), the CA18CA Series includes diagnostic alarms and two LEDs for better reliability and simplified troubleshooting during installation.
The Carlo Gavazzi TRIPLESHIELD design, now in its 4th generation, continues a tradition of providing the best EMI immunity of any capacitive sensor on the market. In addition to improved compensation for dust and humidity, an optional Dust Alarm Output gives an early warning of accumulation on the face of the sensor. The CA18CA Series is designed for harsh environments, providing IP67 and IP69K protection, ECOLAB approval for chemical resistance, and the sensing face can withstand up to 248ºF (120°C). An optional Temperature Alarm Output warns the user if the sensing face surface exceeds 140ºF (60°C).
The new CA18CA Series Capacitive Proximity Sensors are available in a vast range of configurations, and are ideal in a numerous applications and industries, including: plastics, agriculture, pellet burning stoves, packaging, material handling, and food and beverage. Technical specifications include:
- Sensing distance: 2-10mm flush or 3-15mm non-flush
- 10-40VDC, NO & NC, NPN or PNP, 200mA transistor outputs
- IP67, IP69K; NEMA 1, 2, 4, 4X, 5, 6, 6P, 12
- Laser engraved labeling withstands IP69K cleaning
- Dust and humidity compensation
- Increased temperature stability
- Optional Dust Alarm or Temperature Alarm output
- Two diagnostic LEDs (green and yellow)
TRIPLESHIELD - Exceeds most standard norms:
- Electrostatic discharge (EN61000-4-2) >40kV
- Electrical burst transients (EN61000-4-4) ±4kV
- Surge (with 500 Ω) (EN61000-4-5) >2kV
- Wire conducted disturbance (EN61000-4-6) >20Vrms
- Power-frequency magnetic fields (EN61000-4-8)
- Continuous, 75.9μTesla >60A/m
- Short-time, 759μTesla >600A/m
- Radiated, RF, E-M fields (EN61000-4-3) >20V/m
The CA18CA TRIPLESHIELD Sensors are cULus and ECOLAB approved, and available from Carlo Gavazzi’s North American network of sales offices and distributors.
>> For more information and to order this product, click here