American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS), a leader in development of HMI systems, industrial panel touchscreens and touch-panel operator interfaces for industrial markets and applications has announced the availability of new Industry 4.0 ready, Smart HMI operator platforms and customization services for SCADA, Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. This includes their new platform of open architecture platform, IIoT-Ready, industrial grade touch-panels: Premium, Standard and Compact Series of HMIs.
As the Internet of Things evolve into a web of platforms for connected devices and objects, supporting smart environments, businesses, services and people with dynamic and adaptive configuration capabilities, the need for strong cooperation between telecom, hardware, software and service industries to create effective internet ecosystems is important.
AIS’s Ecosystem Partners help Facilitate Connected Platforms for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), ICT and Industry 4.0 Technologies
AIS is developing new relationships and partnerships to collaborate on developing fully connected, integrated Internet of Things solutions that will accelerate growth and new opportunities in smart cities, smart building, smart transportation, smart factories and digital oilfields. AIS is establishing relationships and partnerships with global leaders in the following disciplines and industries:
- Information Technology
- Infrastructure & Energy Management
- Automation & Building Control
- Safety & Security
- HMI Software
- Private Label
The goal of these partnerships and relationships is to create ecosystems of platforms for connected smart objects and integrating the future generation of devices, embedded systems, network technologies and Information and Communications Technology (ICT). The term “ICT” is also often called or used for information technology (IT), but is a more specific term that stresses the role of unified communications and the integration of equipment, machinery, telecommunications, computers as well as necessary enterprise software, middleware, storage, and audio-visual systems, which enable users to access, store, transmit, process and analyze information and data.
Open HMI-Ready Platforms with Expandability, Interoperability and Dependability are required for Enabling the Connected, Smart “Internet of Things” and Web of “Everything”
As a hallmark of AIS’s proven open architecture design, AIS’s new Industry 4.0 ready, intelligent HMI operator interface solutions overcome the fragmentation of vertically-oriented closed or proprietary control and monitoring systems by providing Smart Factories integrated, open, control and monitoring systems and platforms. Some key requirements for enabling open platforms for connected smart objects in the Internet of Things, include: dynamically configured infrastructure and integration platforms for "Connected Smart Objects" covering multiple technologies; efficient integration of the next generation of smart devices into self-adaptive, robust, safe, intuitive, affordable and interconnected smart network and service platforms; and availability of architectures and methodologies that can be used by integrators and SME's to provide IoT turnkey solutions in a variety of application fields.
AIS’s Open, Intelligent HMI Operator Interface Platform Unite and Integrate the Physical, Smart and Connectivity Layers of the Industrial Internet
Each component within the layers (physical, smart and connectivity) that make up the Industrial Internet of Things expand the capabilities of one another resulting in a continuous cycle of value improvement and maximization of assets. As the primary visualization and interface tool needed to support the integration and interaction of these components, AIS’s Smart and open architecture platform HMI Touch-Panels and Operator Interfaces help provide many functions, services and capabilities which include:
- Monitoring of the machine’s conditions, its external environment, and its operations and usage.
- Control of various machine and equipment functions within the industrial network to better respond to changes in its environment, as well as to personalize or enhance the user experience.
- Optimization of the machine’s overall operations based on actual performance data, diagnostics and reduction of downtime through predictive maintenance and remote service.
- Autonomous product operation, including learning from their environment, adapting to users’ preferences and self-diagnosing and service.
AIS’s New HMI Families: Premium, Standard and Compact Series Overview of Features & Benefits
AIS recently introduced their new series of HMIs including, the Premium, Standard and Compact HMIs. Key features of the entire range of new, open HMI touch panels from AIS include:
- Open & standard interfaces in hardware & software for HMI, SCADA & MES applications
- PC-based automation using standard Ethernet & TCP/IP for easy HMI/SCADA & IT/OT integration
- Web-enabled HMI with HTML5-compliant web browsers for improved real-time decision making
- Easy to replace, highly modular designed field-replaceable front display and box PC
- Maintenance-free illumination system with lifetime rating of 80,000-100,000 hours on Eco mode
- Expandable HMI solutions with multiple configurations & options for fast project engineering
- International marks and schemes for safety equipment, certification and regulatory compliance
- Suited for IT-OT convergence, M2M communications, Industry 4.0 and IoT ready for future requirements
>> For more information, click here