American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) the leader in open architecture, Web-based HMIs, Industrial panel PCs (IPCs), HMI Systems and touch-panels for a broad range of industrial, commercial and manufacturing industries, introduces their new series of M2M Touch-screen HMIs and Operator Control Embedded Systems for Robotic Automation applications in manufacturing. In some manufacturing environments today, high-value machines are still islands of automation with no connection, interaction or communication with larger systems. To maximize plant productivity and efficiency, manufacturing facilities need plant wide communication to get a real time overview of connectivity and productivity between operations. A local supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system combined with AIS’s web-based, M2M HMI touch panels as the visualization, control and monitoring solution for robotic automation will make manufacturing plants more efficient, productive and safe.
AIS’s HMIs Enable Industrial Robots to Deliver Endurance, Speed, and Precision in Complex, Sophisticated Manufacturing Environments & Industries
Robotic automation is added to production processes at manufacturing plants to increase output, reduce errors and improve consistency. Another key purpose for Robotic automation in manufacturing is the need to eliminate processes and interaction that pose dangers and safety risks to operators. Intelligent touchscreen devices and interfaces from AIS provide safe operation, easy to follow graphics and ensure user-friendly, safe interaction between operator and system. AIS’s HMI Touch Panels are used for a variety of activities and tasks in industrial robotic applications including: part selection, diagnostics and system status and data collection, processing, analysis and reporting.
Integrated, High-Speed Computing Power Allows AIS PC-based Touch-Panels to Process and Analyze Large Data Sets for Industrial Robotics
When robots are deployed it is imperative to know at any moment whether the process involves initialization and commissioning, operations, or repair and maintenance. HMIs utilized for tracking, control and monitoring must meet the versatile and broad demands of Robotic automation applications. AIS’s Industry 4.0, Premium, Standard and Compact Series of touchscreens tout great versatility, flexibility and high-speed computing performance via its impressive range of features and specs.
With high performance computing capabilities made possible by an Intel Core i7-4650U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz), high memory bandwidth with dual-channel DDR3L-1333/1600, AIS’s Premium and Standard HMI systems help collect an abundance of data and analyze and process the information, as well as provide the connectivity to deliver it to the appropriate parties within the plant enterprise. Furthermore, Robots that are controlled via AIS’s M2M touch panels will be able to perform precise, repetitive, or hostile-environment tasks with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
AIS’s Advanced Industry 4.0 Touch Panels Help Make Today’s Industrial Robotic Systems an Integral Part of the Plant Enterprise with Connectivity, Performance & 3D Graphics
Industrial robotic systems should be integral parts of the plant enterprise. Integrating long-term monitoring and analysis with robotic operation is critical to success. AIS’s M2M touch screen HMIs perform not only the required control and monitoring tasks for robotics, but also host a Web server inside to execute remote diagnostics. It can integrate data from many sources throughout the plant enterprise – and all this data can then be transferred to a historian, which becomes a repository for archiving information and provides a base from which to perform analyses. In robotic automation applications, safety concerns are also extremely important. Monitoring, tracking, troubleshooting, commissioning, and change-management, among other tasks will be safely performed and executed with AIS’s industrial HMIs. Finally, the proliferation of server-based diagnostics is promoting the use of sophisticated graphics in all kinds of systems. Advanced 3D graphics capabilities are possible with AIS’s new family of Premium and Standard HMIs via Intel HD graphics.
AIS’s Industrial Operator Control Panels Offer Key Features to Support Robotic Automation Growth in a Broad Range of Manufacturing Applications and Industries
The industrial robotics market is expected to boom in the future in manufacturing industries, as these robots are being specifically used to speed up the production process, increase productivity and efficiency, and minimize the cost involved in production in the long term. AIS’s advanced touchscreen interfaces are designed to help facilitate these goals. Typical robotic applications that AIS’s Operator Control Panel Embedded HMI Systems will serve include welding, painting, assembly, pick and place (such as packaging, palletizing and SMT), product inspection and testing. Key industries for Robotics automation with HMI control and monitoring are segmented into the automotive industry, electrical & electronics industry; chemical, rubber, and plastics industry; metal and machinery industry, food and beverages industry, pharmaceutical industry and construction industry.
AIS’s intelligent Web-Based HMIs offer many powerful features that will leverage the expected growth and future opportunities in the industrial robotic automation market. Key features include:
- Extremely Fast System Response: High performance computing with Intel Core i7-4650U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz), high memory bandwidth with dual-channel DDR3L-1333/1600 (25.6 GB/s, up to 16 GB), Intel HD graphics supports DirectX 11.1, OpenCL /GL, and 4K videos Quick Sync encoder, high-speed Gigabit Ethernet & USB 3.0 ports, and highly flexible RS 232/422/485 serial ports.
- High System Availability & Data Security: RAID 1 system supports with onboard RAID controller & two externally accessible SSD removable enclosures, and an internal non-volatile m-SATA SSD.
- Highly Reliable Touchscreens & Long Lasting Displays: Operationally tested to 35 million touches in one location without failure, touch screen positional accuracy standard deviation error is less than 0.080 (2mm), and maintenance-free illumination system lifetime rated at 80,000 to 100,000 hours in Eco mode.
- Scalable, Modular, & Expandable System: Brilliant touch displays from 15” to 24“, widescreen displays with multi-touch capability, field-replaceable front displays and box IPCs, an externally accessible PCIe slot & two removable SSD storage enclosures, and 24 V DC (9.6 V to 28.8 V) isolated industrial power supply.
- Rugged & Zero Maintenance System: Completely flush stainless steel fronts with IP66/NEMA 4/4X ratings, compact and rugged aluminum system enclosures; high temperature, vibration, shock, & EMC resistant; fan-less operation up to ambient temp of 50 °C, highly reliable power and I/O ports include isolation protection.
- Comprehensive Operating System Software & Services: Supports embedded x86 platform, x86-optimized operating systems and development; Pre-installed Windows Standard 7 Embedded or Ultimate 64-bit, Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry, 8.1 Pro or 8 Standard.
- Single Touch & Multi Touch-Screens Wide Screens Interfaces Options: The Premium line of HMIs ranges from 15” to 24” screen sizes with single and multiple touch, projected capacitive touch (PCT or PCAT) wide screen model options. Multi-touch screen displays are available in 15.6”, 18.5” and 21.5”.
>> For more information on these products, click here