Coupled with a standardized user interface, Proficy Machine Edition is designed for a quicker time-to-solution for the entire project lifecycle. From configuring and developing to commissioning and maintaining, it is designed to improve the overall engineering efficiency of application development.
Included in the new release is the ability to import and export control logic in XML. This allows users to maintain control strategies in standardized XML format and selectively import logic blocks to create a complete automation project. In addition, this capability allows Machine Edition to interface with external programming and design tools that are capable of generating control codes in XML. Users can choose to design their system using a third-party development tool and import the generated XML logic into Machine Edition.
Other new features of Machine Edition 6.5 include:
- Local historical trending tool facility on the QuickPanel for quick diagnostics and trouble shooting
- Enhanced web publishing capabilities and remote connectivity
- User friendly tool for updating project files on remote QuickPanels
- Data Logger window tool on the PC platform for quick trending analysis and troubleshooting
- Optimization of controller communications to improve the overall performance
GE Intelligent Platforms - www.ge-ip.com